Count down to Due date of my Second Blessing

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mutta Chor (Egg Fried Rice)

Hello, this is a very simple recipe invented by my Mother. I have not come accross this in any body elses house in my School days or college days or after. Everybody associated egg fried rice with chinese cooking, but this is simply indian in flavour. I came accross one more recently in a blog but I forgot to book mark it. It was slightly different with more spices added, if  I come accross it again I will link in this post.

Ingredients: (Serves Two)
Ponni Rice (1 cup) cooked with salt to taste till done.
Eggs - 2 to 4 Nos (Two for Adults, Four if you are serving children)
I keep a little of the egg mixture aside and mix the additional egg mixture in my daughters portion of rice.
Onion - 1 big Chopped finely
Oil - 2 tbsp or lesser
Ghee - 1 tsp
Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp or more or less as per heat tolerance
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp.
Green chillies 1 choppped fine (Optional)
Salt to taste
Curry leaves one sprig or two

Heat oil and ghee in a big kadai. Reduce heat. Bruise the curry leaves and add to the heated oil. You will be able to see that the oil acquires a light greenish tinge. Add chopped onions and green chilli and salt. sautee untill onion is golden brown. Add chilli powder and turmeric powder. sautee for a few seconds till its mixed well in the onions and the raw smell of chilli powder is gone. Add eggs and scramble them  as for bhurji till fully cooked. Mix in the rice turn well in the pan till egg mixture is evenly distributed. Serve with simple salad, Pickles. Khalaas.

Please note that fresh curry leaves are essential for this dish without curry leaves it OK but not Oomph. You can omit ghee but since we use ghee very rarely, its use is reserved for mutta chor, biriyani etc. so we can indulge once in a while. I dont like to reheat this and use, but if you are rushed for time or dont want to waste food then you know..
Also use fresh cooked rice. Not rice from the fridge.

I used to take this to my office for Lunch. My friends there didn't believe me that it was so simple to make because it tasted so good.

1 comment:

  1. my first time here...

    traditional name to the recipe..nice

    happy to follow you...

    chk out my space too:
    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...